Friday, July 8, 2016

The Anger Danger, How to Close the Door on Your Enemy

The danger of anger.
We have an enemy. His goal is to lead your heart away from God and godliness.

This master of subtlety and conniving, knows your areas of weakness and mine. He often uses our pride and our selfishness to prompt us to action. In the first generation of mankind, our adversary was already using anger and resentment as a lure. Notice the warning God gave to Cain.

“Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering; but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell. Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? “If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” Cain told Abel his brother. And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.” Genesis 4:4-6

Anger becomes a problem when we allow it to remain in us. “BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity (or place). Ephesians 4:26, 27. Like Cain, when we allow anger to stay, we also allow Satan a place in our heart. Cain allowed his anger to fester and grow and overtake him. His anger opened the door for Satan (who was crouching just outside the door) to work in him.

What is the remedy for injustice and our anger because of wicked schemes? How do we respond? Not in anger…
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the LORD and
wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
Cease from anger and
forsake wrath;
Do not fret;
it leads only to evildoing.”
 Psalm 37:5-8

This you know, my beloved brethren.
But everyone must be quick to hear,
slow to speak and
slow to anger;
for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
James 1:19, 20


My enemy wants to infiltrate my mind and my actions. How do I close the door on this adversary who is crouching just outside the door?  
  •  Commit my actions to Him
  • Trust Him to take care of it
  • Rest and wait patiently while He works
  • Do not be angry or fret over it
  • Listen with mouth closed
  • Do not act in anger.



Father in Heaven,
You know the injustices, accusations, and wickedness around us today. I pray that I will respond without anger and resentment. I pray that I will respond with total trust in You to bring judgment and not take judgment into my own hands. I pray that You will give me the strength and courage to look to You and rest in You when all around me is turmoil, strife and anger of men.

May I never fall for Satan’s lie and act in my anger and distress. I pray I will behave in a manner pleasing to You, no matter the circumstance surround me. 

I pray for those in distress today. I pray that You will surround them and they will look to You instead of the enemy.

I pray these things in Jesus’ most holy and righteous name, Who is my example of not returning insult for insult, and when reviled, did not revile in return.


Click here for more about me.








No comments:

Post a Comment