Friday, July 8, 2016

Hope in Despair



"As a shattering of my bones,
my adversaries revile me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”
Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."
Psalm 42: 10, 11


Dear Father,
There are times when the words of my enemies seem to shatter my bones, my soul, and my strength. My adversary prompts them and my own voice is even tempted to join in.

Yet, I rejoice that I can stand upon the Rock of my salvation! In You I can stand unafraid and unwavering. No one can snatch me from Your hand!

I will wait on You today, LORD. I will not lash out in return, I will not fall into despair. I choose to praise You through no matter what comes today and the rest of my days. I not only trust You with my eternity, I trust You with my today.


I lift my countenance to You! I pray in the name of Jesus, with praise on my lips, and hope in my heart.

Click here for more about me.



For more devotions...click here.




For faith-filled stories including a hummingbird I named Oscar. Click here to read the first chapter. 

For the rest of our story, find Oscar at these online retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment