Thursday, June 9, 2016

Ocean in The Book


 
Devotion  - Word of God
“Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you,
with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another
with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
Colossians 3:16



Yours might be a vacation at the beach or camper by the lake or perhaps a trip to the mountains. Toes in the sand with the ocean in view is one of my favorite pictures. It evokes memories of the ocean breeze, the crashing sounds of the waves and "caws" of seagulls with deep breaths of salty ocean air. Others have mountain trails and peaks to climb with rocks and trees and deer that bring awe and wonder at this marvelous Creation and Creator. Either can bring refreshing relaxation, and renewal of spirit. We long to go there and let our cares melt away. 

I pray that the Word of God does that for you too! A trip to His Word refreshes the soul, and heals the spirit. It causes my heart to sing in praise and admonishes my errors causing me to walk correctly in the eyes of God. 

This trip does not require travel. It only involves opening The Book, The Holy Book, The Word of God, The Bible. How precious that when His words are read, they don't just touch our eyes, but dwell within us! His Word changes our entire being! His Word dwells - stays - abides - in our hearts, as a rich treasure! Meditate on it and let it dwell richly within you today!



Dear Father God,
Your word is such a treasure to my heart. It gives me wisdom, insight and understanding to live according to Your will every day. It teaches me truth and points out my shortcomings. Oh, how I need the wonderful truths within! Thank You for watching over Your word to preserve and perform it.

Help me be diligent in the meditation and study of it that I will handle it accurately in my life and as I teach others. Let Your Holy Spirit teach me new insights that relate to my life and the lives of those I touch.

My heart rejoices with thankfulness that You have given me this treasure that dwells so richly within me!

This I pray in Jesus’ name.

Click here for more about me

Stay in touch for a book of devotions like this, coming soon!


Meanwhile, for true stories of faith...



Read the first chapter of Oscar here 


No comments:

Post a Comment