Friday, June 10, 2016

Fearless Faith


Daniel honored God, no matter the cost.
“All the commissioners of the kingdom,
the prefects and the satraps, the high officials and the governors
have consulted together that the king should establish a statute
and enforce an injunction
that anyone who makes a petition to any god or man besides you, O king,
for thirty days, shall be cast into the lions’ den.



Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed,
he entered his house
(now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem);
and he continued kneeling on his knees
three times a day,
praying and giving thanks before his God,
as he had been doing previously.”
Daniel 6:7,10


Dear God,
How thankful I am for the example of Daniel. When faced with the option of just closing his windows to hide while praying, he chose to pray openly. Father, I long to have such fearless faith in You when faced with persecution.

How much more thankful I am for Your faithfulness toward me. Even though You allowed Daniel to go to the lion’s den he was never in danger or alone. I see a glimpse of Your purpose revealed when the King recognized Your power to protect Daniel and proclaimed that all in his kingdom fear and tremble before You!

Give me strength and courage to remain faithful and obedient to You when any manmade decree or law conflicts with Your commandments to me. I purpose in my heart today to remain faithful to You on my knees, in prayer and thanksgiving though it costs my life.

Let those who would mock me or seek to harm me see Your mighty hand and turn to You.

I pray in the precious name of Jesus, my Savior and example.




Click here for more about me



Coming soon, a book of devotions like this one! 


And, for true stories of faith...



Read the first chapter of Oscar here 

Find Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment