Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Listen to the Word to Trust in God

Devotion - Listen to the Word to trust God



























“Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise,
And apply your mind to my knowledge;
For it will be pleasant if you keep them within you,
That they may be ready on your lips.
So that your trust may be in the LORD,
I have taught you today, even you.”
Proverbs 22:17-19

Dear LORD and Father,
King Solomon asked only for a discerning heart, and You gave him both a wise and discerning heart, like no other man before or after him. In these words from this wise king, he instructs his son to listen to wisdom; to lean his ear toward the words of the wise and apply it to his mind.

Help me today to lean my thoughts and hearing toward wisdom. Help me to digest and apply Your words of truth to my mind. Let me be nourished in the truth over and over, that I will trust You more and more. Let Your Word of truth flow from my lips that I will be able to wisely advise others.

Let my hunger for Your Word and the wisdom in it never diminish. Let Your Word teach me, and fill me, and let It flow from me as a result.


This I pray in Jesus’ name.



Click here for more about me



Read more devotions here
AND look for a book of devotions (coming soon)!

~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile,
For faith-filled stories of the hand of God all around you, and a hummingbird I named Oscar...

No comments:

Post a Comment