For trees beautiful enough to be chosen to serve as "Christmas trees" there is also a picture of Jesus, absolutely perfect, yet slain. That is not the end of the story though! As the cut tree is brought in and adorned with lights and ornaments to become the center of our celebration, Jesus, God in flesh, Who gave His earthly body as a sacrifice for my sin and yours, is now alive in a glorified state! This is our celebration - His victory over death, in order to purchase ours. What a picture in the tree, cut and then glorified!
- The fragrance of Christ permeates Christmas, and we can transfer that to others.
- Our faith is based upon His sovereignty and sinlessness.
- The tree although cut, is glorified and has new life.
- His bride will be crowned and gathered to Him.
- The tree celebrating His birth points us of the tree of His death.
- The prophecy that has not been fulfilled will be, in the proper time.
- Angels are His active messengers, and visible as He chooses.
- He is the light of the world clouded in darkness that desperately needs His light.
What about you? What traditions do you have that speak to the birth of Christ?
Here is an easy was to start a new tradition! Use this little book in your home and church advent celebrations. It is now available in keepsake book form (including Scripture readings). At less than $10, think stocking stuffers, teacher gifts, Sunday school...pastor...
|Click here for more about me|
and a little hummingbird I named Oscar...
read the first chapter here FREE!
For the rest of our story -
See Oscar on Amazon here
|See The Wisdom Tree on Amazon here|