Monday, January 12, 2015

Rainy Days, Mondays, and Fishdancing

Rain on the pond. Shall we dance?
Mondays really have a bad reputation.  Today, this one has rain to go along with it.  Bah, humbug.  The weather forecasters even call it “three Ds – Dank, Drizzly, and Dreary”.  Not exactly complimentary terms.  I get it.   It is much more fun to go out and play on the weekends than go to work on Monday, but we sure do like it when pay day comes…It is a hassle to cover up hair, clothing, and groceries to protect them from the rain, but we sure do like the shade from the trees in the summer, fish from the ponds and ocean and food grown with – you got it – rain.  Just call me whiney, but I am guilty.

On the other hand, my sweet little goldfish in the backyard pond (see if you can spot Big Daddy, Blue Girl, Valentino and Blondie) are having a good old time.  As you can see from the picture, these little guys are having a fishdance!  They are just as excited to play with every drip of a raindrop, as some of us are to soak in the sunshine.  They are filled with fishy glee and dancing in the rain.  Kind of looks like fun to me.  Hmmm.  I think I need to work on my attitude a bit.  Rather than bemoan the rain as an inconvenience to me and how I would like to spend my day, I prefer to change that into a fish dance.   So, why don’t you and I decide to set aside the grumblies on this Monday, and rejoice in our gift of both another day, and a day with rain. 

Father, we know that all good gifts come from Your hand, so we thank You for today, and for all that is in it.  Help our hearts to lift Your name in praise in all circumstances, for “this is the day which the Lord has made” so we rejoice and are glad in it!





No comments:

Post a Comment