Saturday, August 9, 2014

There Once Was a Doggie Who Sat

Mopey Smokey
There once was a doggie who sat
By the window and moped at the sight
Of rain coming down
All around town
And so inside he just sat.

There was also a hummingbird there
Who outside, counted not a care
But, instead had some fun
Even with no sun
And took a bath with great glee and fanfare.

‘Tween the two, which am I? which are you?
Do we look at the rain with the blues?
Or can we see God’s gift
And use them with thrift
These blessings for me and for you?


 I can’t properly explain to our little dog the benefit of this rain.  The nice green grass it will nourish, and the trees it will cause to grow and provide shade.  All he can see is the inconvenience of not being able to play outside, not to mention his fear of the thunder.  Perhaps it’s the same with us.  Although God knows, we may not be able to see or understand the reason for some of the things which cause us pain and suffering.   I’m afraid I may be just as guilty as “Mopey Smokey” of looking at my inconvenience rather than His plan. Maybe you are too.  

I pray today that you and I both remember to trust our Father, Who loves us, even when we do not understand how something could possibly be to our benefit.  Together let’s count it all joy, for He has promised that He causes all things to work together for the good for them who love Him and are called according to His purpose!  Besides, I made brownies. Want some? (See, you can smile in the rain!)

Click here for more about me







No comments:

Post a Comment