Friday, July 22, 2016

Love, Forgiveness, and the Bond of Unity

Devotion: Love, Forgiveness, and the Bond of Unity

“So, as those who have been chosen of God,
holy and beloved,
put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 
bearing with one another, and forgiving each other,
whoever has a complaint against anyone;
just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
Beyond all these things
put on love,
which is the perfect bond of unity.”
Colossians 3:12-14

Dear Father in Heaven,
Before I came to know You, my heart was filled with the things of my desires, my dreams, and my pleasure. How thankful I am that all those selfish things are forgiven.

Help me now to put on a heart like Yours, filled with humility that thinks of others before myself. Mold my heart into a heart of compassion and kindness when I deal with others – no matter how they deal with me. Give me an extra measure of gentleness and patience to bear with those who try to pull me into selfishness and anger and strife.

Today, I pray You will give me the heart of forgiveness. Let my spirit be like Yours when You forgave me, although I did not deserve it. Let all that I do and say today be with the love You have given me. Let Your love be seen in my life today and the rest of my days.


I pray in Jesus’ name.


For more devotions click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment